Changelog / History / Updates
Maian Greetings release history is shown below. If a new version is in progress, information will be shown below, beneath the changelog:
[+] Added [*] Updated [-] Bug Fix
Version 3.1 (14/03/2018):
[*] Min PHP version to run software increased to 5.5. PHP5.5 or higher required.
[*] Search system now searches tags field as well as name and description
[*] Update Trumbowyg jQuery plugin (2.9.4)
[*] Update chartist jQuery plugin (0.11.0)
[*] Update sortable jQuery plugin (1.7.0)
[*] Updated PHPMailer mail transportation class (6.0.3)
[*] Updated mobile detection PHP class (2.8.31)
[*] jQuery library updated to 3.3.1
[-] Fixed bug where filters were sometimes retained causing categories not to load
[-] Fixed incorrect youtube example in ecard import documentation
[-] Fixed issue where category could be moved into itself causing it to disappear
[-] Fixed issue where data didn`t clear correctly if ecard was updated from image/video to youtube video
[-] Fixed issue where youtube urls failed to import from ecard csv import
Version 3.0 (02/08/2017):
[+] Added WYSIWYG editor for ecard description. Script tags not supported for security.
[+] Added cache system to reduce database load. This is optional.
[+] Added menu boxes & new pages for easy layout control
[+] Added music support for OGG files.
[+] Added option to easily take system offline for maintenance
[+] Added social sharing options including AddThis & Twitter API
[+] Added support for CleanTalk API Anti spam system. Prevents bots submitting ecards.
[+] Added support for MP4/M4V/OGV video ecards & YouTube hosted ecards
[+] Brand new simpler HTML5 responsive ecard system
[+] Supports custom themes for certain date ranges
[*] Added support for PHP7
[*] Licence changed to free (creative commons) and commercial
[*] Removed IP banning feature, added option to block email domains / addresses
[*] Removed deprecated MySQL functions. Supports MySQLi only.
[*] Removed mailing list, added option to export contacts to CSV
[*] Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (5.2.24)
[*] Updated database backup option
[*] Updated rewrite rules. Better options for url slugs and SEO options.
[*] Removed Paypal payment system
[*] Removed account system
[*] Removed event calendar and all event operations
[*] Removed option for visitor to upload ecards
[*] Removed poems
[*] Removed support for flash ecards
[*] Removed support for midi files
Version 2.1 (28/08/2006):
[+] Added Paypal IPN system for payment processing
[+] Added default image if image or file no longer exists
[+] Added option for guests to send e-cards from specified categories/sub categories
[+] Added option to include poems with messages
[*] Added ability to update multiple templates at once
[*] Commercial licence removed. Script released for free under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Licence.
[*] Improved image reporting when adding images
[*] New admin interface
[*] Removed frameset from admin area
[*] Updated documentation to static HTML pages
[-] Fixed some minor coding errors
Version 2.0 (12/03/2006):
[+] Added Add to Favourites function
[+] Added CSV option in admin area
[+] Added Savant 2 template engine
[+] Added ability for sender/admin to view sent cards
[+] Added advanced pickup stats
[+] Added cron to delete inactive accounts
[+] Added e-card pickup option
[+] Added event reminders
[+] Added flash support
[+] Added member log in system
[+] Added multiple recipient option/address book
[+] Added reminder function
[+] Added sub categories
[+] Added user uploads option
[*] Brand new interface
[*] Dropped Tell a Friend option
[*] Dropped backup restore function
[*] Updated calendar interface
[*] Updated e-mail templates
[*] Updated event calendar to span days
Version 1.0 (10/10/2004):
[+] Version 1.0 Released
Latest Version - v3.2 - Coming Soon
The next release is being prepared. Here`s what new:
New in v3.2
- Added basic captcha option if cleanTalk is not enabled or is not used. Basic captcha can be enabled for contact form, pickup box, upload box and ecard compose
- Added official support for PHP7.4*
- Added support for PHP mail function
- Added more controls to admin WYSIWYG editor including image, media, link, colour and formatting options
- Added option for visitors to upload and use their own ecard images. Optional.
- Added option for visitors to send ecards to multiple recipients. Limit can be set in admin CP.
- Added option to add custom admin pages. Useful for backend information in a secure area for yourself or clients
- In admin CP you can now re-order the main off canvas menu. Options you don't need can also be hidden.
- Added sent stats to public interface. Can be removed via the templates if not needed.
- Added pickup log to admin CP to view ecard pickup history
- Added option for admin to add/remove recipients from ecards
- Added option for admin to mark all recipients as picked up.
- Added ecard resend history. Viewable from resend notifications window in admin CP.
- Added year switcher for admin dashboard graph to see stats for selected years
- Added meta keywords and description options for ecards, pages and categories (requested feature)
- Added http/https protocol option for base path and social links to prevent mod_security issues
- Added optional poems. Enables visitors to attach poems to their ecards. An old feature has now returned. Enjoy.
- Added support for Facebook open graph app ID
Updated or Removed
- Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.2.0)
- Removed Google+ meta tags due to closure of social network
- Improvements to error and exception handling
- New emojis added via Twemoji. Maian Greetings now has 100 emojis on install.
- Updated upgrade routines to auto switch system off during upgrade.
- Documentation updated. 404 links removed or updated and typos fixed.
- Updated Bootstrap library (3.4.1)
- Improvements to addThis social plugin integration. Plugin code may need updating, see docs.
- Updated FB open graph and Twitter cards to use ecard image instead of default social image.
- Update trumbowyg jquery plugin (2.21.0)
- Import and export routines now use the system temporary folder. This is auto cleared by the garbage collector and is used for better performance.
- Security enhancement. Backup folder path must explicitly be set in admin CP now for security.
- Updated Codebird Twitter library (4.0)
- Added official support for PHP8.0*
- Fixed bug that caused disabled categories to display on public homepage
- Fixed admin dashboard ecard view option limits which if set, were ignored.
- Fixed most / least send ecard filters on ecard manage page in admin CP
- Fixed email variable when resending ecards to recipients or via cron
- Fixed "Anniversary" typo in demo categories
- Fixed issue where settings meta description & keywords were reversed and shown in the wrong meta values
Last updated: 23 January 2021
Release Date: Coming Soon
Please do not contact me about the release date, thank you.
If you would like to be notified when Maian Greetings is updated, please subscribe to the RSS feed. Thank you.
Why Not Give The Free Version of Maian Greetings a Try Today?
Click the button to be taken to the download page.